Ohio’s HOME Choice program transitions eligible Ohioans from institutional settings to home- and community-based settings, where they can receive services and supports at home and in their communities.
Established in 2008 with a goal of transitioning 2,000 Ohioans, the program has become a national leader in moving people back home. As of July 1, 2019, more than 13,000 people have enjoyed a new–found independence through HOME Choice.
To be eligible for HOME Choice, you must:
- Be enrolled in Medicaid
- Have resided in a long-term care facility for at least 90 consecutive days
- BE 18 years of age or older
- Have income to sustain community living
- Participate in a needs assessment and have a need for the program
- Have care needs that can be adequately met in a community setting
Individuals and family members/guardian will work with the long-term care facility and HOME Choice transition staff to apply, discuss options and coordinates services and supports. You may apply at: medicaid.ohio.gov/HOMEChoice.
For more information, please call us at 1.877.881.2518 or use our online contact form.