Gifts can be made in a variety of ways
While many gifts are made as designated or undesignated gifts of cash, donors may contribute to the ministry of Genacross Lutheran Services in a wide variety of ways. This page outlines some of the ways that may be of interest to you.
For more information about any of these giving opportunities, please call us at 419.861.4964 or use our contact form.
Honor or Memorial Gifts
Gifts may be made in honor or memory of a family member, a friend or loved one, or even a staff member who made a difference. Gifts may also be made to recognize a special occasion such as a birthday, anniversary, graduation, birth, marriage, or any other event you would like to recognize. To make an honor or memorial gift, simply indicate your wishes when sending your donation or when using our online donation form.
Monthly Donations: “Lighting the Way” program
“Lighting the Way” is a monthly giving program that provides a way for donors to give on a consistent, ongoing basis with a predictable schedule. Designated or undesignated gifts may be made by sending a monthly check or by having your gift automatically transferred from an account. You may set up a monthly donation through our online donation form by indicating that your gift will be recurring. Or, simply contact the Foundation office at 419.861.4964 to make arrangements.
Genacross Employee Payroll Deduction Program
Employees of Genacross Lutheran Services may choose to donate through payroll deduction. At each payroll, the amount you designate will be deducted from your check. You may designate your gift to one or more ministries.
While staff members may sign up for this program at any time, in March of each year the Foundation conducts a charitable gifts employee payroll deduction appeal that provides an opportunity for staff to give to the ministries of Genacross. Staff members can designate any amount they would like to have deducted. Some employees choose $1 per payroll, while some give as much as $100. Whatever amount the staff member feels comfortable in giving is appreciated.
To participate, contact your human resource manager or simply download the Employee Payroll Deduction Form below and return it to Anne Biel at the Genacross Lutheran Services Foundation.
Employee Payroll Deduction Form | Download PDF
Corporate Matching Gifts
Some businesses and organizations will match charitable gifts given by their employees. Please contact your designated corporate representative to inquire about this program at your company.
Choice Dollars from Thrivent Financial
Eligible Thrivent members are awarded “Choice Dollars” based on insurance premiums, contract values, and Thrivent Financial volunteer leadership. Choice Dollars may be directed to nonprofit organizations, including Genacross Lutheran Services. For more information and eligibility requirements, visit the Thrivent website.
Kroger Community Rewards Program
Kroger offers a Community Rewards program that makes contributions to non-profit organizations designated by shoppers through their Kroger Plus Card. If you are a Kroger customer, you can designate Genacross Lutheran Services Foundation as your preferred non-profit organization. Please note that registration must be updated each April.
All funds received through this program are directed to the Genacross Lutheran Services Foundation and are used to support the ministries of Genacross Lutheran Services.
- Go to the Kroger Community Rewards website.
- Choose whether you want to sign in, create an account or re-enroll and follow the instructions on the Community Rewards website.
- Our account number is: HG227
- Save your information and you’re done! You are now contributing to the ministry of Genacross every time you shop at Kroger using your Kroger Plus Card.
- Please remember to update your choice each April.
When you shop on Amazon using Smile.Amazon.com, Amazon will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the charitable organization of your choice. AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you are accustomed to shopping, with the same products, prices, and service.
Genacross Lutheran Services Foundation is an approved non-profit organization registered with AmazonSmile. To choose Genacross as your preferred charity, simply follow the instructions below.
- Go to Smile.Amazon.com.
- Log into your existing Amazon account (no need to create a new account)
- You should see “Pick your own charitable organization” on the bottom right of the login page. Alternately, under the “Your Account” tab, choose “Your Amazon Smile.” On this page you may choose the charity you would like to support.
- Enter “Genacross Lutheran Services Foundation” and click Search.
- A list of organizations will appear, along with their city and state. Genacross Lutheran Services Foundation should be the first choice listed with Toledo, OH as the location. Click Select and you’re done!
- You are now contributing to the ministry of Genacross every time you shop through AmazonSmile!
- Be sure to bookmark the AmazonSmile site and use it every time you shop Amazon!
Please note that AmazonSmile donations are not tax-deductible by you for tax purposes; these donations are made by the AmazonSmile Foundation directly to the Genacross Lutheran Services Foundation.