Caregiver support services in northwestern Ohio
Families are usually the main providers of long-term care for senior adults. The National Family Caregiver Support Program, implemented as a part of the Older Americans Act of 2000, recognizes the monumental role caregivers play in caring for older family members. Under this program, five basic services are available to assist caregivers:
- Information about available services
- Assistance in gaining access to services
- Counseling, support groups, and caregiver training
- Respite care to enable caregivers to be temporarily relieved from their care-giving responsibilities
- Supplemental services to complement the care provided by family caregivers
To be eligible to use the National Family Caregiver Support Program, one of the following criteria must be met:
- Caregiver must be 60 years of age and older caring for an individual who is 18 years of age and older, or
- Care recipient must be 60 years of age and older whose caregiver is 18 years of age and older.
For more information, please call us at 1.877.881.2518 or use our online contact form.